Last updated: March 20, 2018
Owner and Data Controller:
1017 AZ Amsterdam
Through its online service, TrueClicks will process privacy sensitive or personal data. TrueClicks B.V. values the privacy of its customers and observes due care in processing and protecting personal data.
During the processing, we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation.
This means we:
- Clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- Limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- First ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- Respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
TrueClicks B.V. is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
It is TrueClicks’ utmost priority that data is secure. Precautions we take with customer data includes, but is not limited to the following:
First and most important, data held on TrueClicks’ servers is intentionally limited to strictly what is required for functionality. TrueClicks leverages, to the extent possible, the API’s of its support platforms.
Your Google AdWords data (impressions, clicks, cost, conversions and such) is kept for only for 3 days on our servers, for debugging purposes. After that, we permanently delete this data.
The only data we keep as long as you use TrueClicks is the data we generate ourselves: scores, alerts, recommendations, etc.
Using Google’s OAuth authentication, we do not store or have access to any logins to Google. Additionally, it allows the user to revoke TrueClicks permissions at any time should they feel their data is in danger, by visiting the Apps with access to your account page. Please note that revoking these permissions will make it impossible for TrueClicks to provide its functionality.
If we can address any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Personal Data
By using our service, you are providing certain data to us. This could be personal data. We only retain and use the personal data provided directly by you or for which it is clear that it has been supplied to us to be processed.
We use the following data, if provided, for the purposes as mentioned in this Privacy Statement:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name
- Billing address and payment details
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. After your registration, we will retain your username and the personal data you provided. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
We will not provide the data linked to your username to third parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement you concluded with us or if this is required by law. In the event of suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website, we may hand over personal data to the entitled authorities.
Contact form and newsletter
We have a newsletter to inform those interested in our products and/or services. Each newsletter contains a link with which to unsubscribe from our newsletter. Your email address will be added to the list of subscribers only with your explicit consent.
If you fill out a contact form on the website or send us an email, the data you provide will be retained for as long as is necessary depending on the nature of the form or the content of your email, to fully answer and correctly handle your message or email.
We will never publish your customer data. However, TrueClicks reserves the right to use your customer data in order to compile, analyze and disclose to third parties aggregated metrics, data and trends related to the use of its offerings as long as such metrics, data and trends do not contain uniquely identifiable customer data.
Third-party tracking and advertising
TrueClicks uses a number of third parties to analyze visitor and user behavior and to be able to message and/or advertise based on this behavior. You’ll find these parties listed below.
For website visitors and registered users of TrueClicks:
Tracking: Google Analytics
- We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We do allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services, and we anonymize the IP-addresses.
- Personal Data collected: cookies and usage data.
Examples of the type of information collected include, but is not limited to, pages visited, how pages are used and interacted with, type of device and browser used and the country you are in
Advertising: Facebook custom audiences
- Personal data: Cookies, usage data end email address
Advertising: Google Analytics Remarketing
- Personal data: Cookies and usage data
Advertising: Twitter tailored audiences
- Personal data: cookies and usage data
Advertising: LinkedIn conversion tracking and Insight tag
- We use the LinkedIn Insight Tag to track conversions, retarget website visitors, and unlock additional insights about members interacting with our website and LinkedIn adverts.
- Personal Data collected: metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events such as page views.
For registered users only:
Tracking and messaging: Intercom
- Intercom is a User database management service provided by Intercom Inc. Intercom can also be used as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within our product(s).
- Stripe is a payment service provided by Stripe Inc.
Email: communications from us
By creating an account on our service you agree that we can use this information to contact you regarding customer support issues. You also agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send to keep you updated about important announcements and changes to our service.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and Modification of your Data